Community Sleepout on 29/06/18
what is this?
We're running a sponsored Community Sleepout to raise awareness of homelessness in Hackney and to raise the funding we need to grow the capacity of the St Mary's Centre.
Many of the organisations we host in the St Mary's Centre are working to support the homeless in Hackney. If you live locally you might have seen the #ThreeBillboards we have put up on Stoke Newington Church Street to raise awareness of this issue. You can read more about it here in the Hackney Citizen.
We'd love for you to join us for a night sleeping out under the billboards. Everyone in the community is welcome.
If you'd like to take part you can find all the information you need here:
If you would like to join the Sleepout you must register beforehand by completing a registration form and returning it to us. You can return the form via email or post - details are on the form.
Any personal information that you share with the St Mary's Centre via the registration form will only be used for the purpose of event safety and to communicate with you about this event. Your details will not be stored after event. Your details will not be shared with any third parties.
There is no charge to participate in the Sleep Out but we do ask that you raise money for the St Mary’s Centre by getting sponsored to sleep rough for the evening.
We would prefer that you collected sponsorship money through our BT MyDonate page - this reduces the amount of office administration and gift aid will automatically be claimed on your behalf.
If you would prefer not to use BT MyDonate please click here for a sponsorship form to print out.
Please make any cheques payable to “St Mary’s PCC” (and write on reverse of cheque, ‘St Mary’s Centre Appeal) and post to St Mary's Church, Stoke Newington Church Street, London, N16 9ES.
What to bring
Please come prepared to sleep outside – it can be cold at night even in June! We suggest that you bring:
- Waterproof warm clothes
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Plastic ground sheet
- Cardboard box or sleeping mat
- Any medication you might need
Information about the evening
- Please come and join us under the #ThreeBillboards in front of St Mary's Church between 8PM – 10PM on the 29th of June.
- Hot drinks will be served until "lights out"! Drinks will also be available throughout the night if needed.
- There are toilet facilities in the hall which will be open all night.
- We will serve breakfast from 6am onwards provided by our friends on Church Street: Wholefoods, Location Location and Caffeine London
- Please leave the grounds with all your belongings by 8am on 30 June.
If you have any questions or would like further details, please do contact us and we'll respond as soon as we can.